Our aim is to provide future opinion-leaders and community organisers with practical political knowledge.
The Transcarpathian Public Leadership Training Program, launched in 2018, is primarily aimed at young people who feel an active responsibility for the Hungarian community in Transcarpathia and, as opinion leaders and decision-makers, would like to positively shape the fate of the Hungarian communities in Ukraine. Similar to the professional program of the Transylvanian School of Politics, the training weekends to be held in Ungvár (Uzhhorod), Budapest, Brussels and Beregszász (Berehove) will give our students an insight into the functioning of state administration institutions, the various processes of community building and political management, and will also provide them with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through negotiation, rhetoric and presentation exercises. The Transcarpathian Public Leadership Training is organized in partnership with the Transcarpathian Hungarian Cultural Association (THCA), the THCA Youth Organization and MEP Andrea Bocskor. The program is supported by the Ministry of Human Capacities and the Human Capacities Grant Management Office.
The training program is based on the following four elements:
- Public affairs management: communication systems, public opinion research methodology, general management, public relations and community management issues.
- Skills development: negotiation techniques, rhetoric, presentation and speech writing skills.
- Background discussions: practicing national and foreign politicians and public figures share their experiences.
- E-learning: audio and video recordings of relevant lectures, newsletters, e-learning materials on political philosophy, analysis, economics, etc. All assignments (essays, presentations, analyzes and videos) are to be submitted through our e-learning platform.
We will be honored by the following guest speakers:
- Andrea Bocskor, Member of the European Parliament
- László Brenzovics, President of THCA
- József Buhajla, Consul General, Ungvár (Uzhhorod)
- Karolina Darcsi, KMKSZ Political and Communications Secretary
- Csaba Dömötör, Parliamentary State Secretary, Deputy Minister
- Gergely Gulyás, Constitutional Lawyer, Minister of the Prime Minister's Office
- György Hölvényi, Member of the European Parliament
- Balázs Orbán, Parliamentary State Secretary of the Prime Minister's Office, former Director General of the Migration Research Institute
- Miklós Szánthó, Director of the Centre for Fundamental Rights, Institute for Legal Analysis and Research
- Gergő Kereki, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Mandiner
- Konrád Rés, Director, VIBE Festival
The training program is free of charge and consists of four training weekends, the schedule of which is as follows:
- 29 - 31 October 2021 – Beregszász (Berehove)
- 3 - 5 December 2021 – Ungvár (Uzhhorod)
- 7 - 9 February 2022 - Brussels
- 27-29 May 2022 - Budapest
In between training sessions, participants process the e-learning materials. They also prepare 5-7 assignments to be submitted over the training program, which will last eight months. This could be essay writing, analysis, speech writing, or presentation preparation.
The program is supported by the National Talent Program and the Human Capacities Grant Management Office.